Tuesday 18 October 2011

Top Tips Part Two: Oily Skin

This is part two of my Top Tips series (obviously char, it says it in the title) and today I will be talking about the things I do to prevent oily skin.
I got oily skin from using one product, bio oil. It was so hyped up about removing acne scars and I was desperate to get rid of mine so I used it for about two weeks then realised what a mistake I had made. I had never had oily skin before then and bio oil ruined that, looking in the mirror all I could see was shine, I could feel the oil when I touched my face, it was horrible. Safe to say I haven't touched it since! Now this is just my experience with it and I am not saying that you shouldn't use it if its working for you. 
I discovered my holy grail of setting sprays in debenhams one day. The Urban Decay 'De Slick' setting spray (£19) which you spray on before you apply a primer and again when you have finished all your face make up. It seriously helped to cut down on the shine and oil (horray!) The next thing I worked into my make up routine about a month ago was the Rimmel 'Stay Matte' powder(£3.99), I lightly dust this over my face with my ELF powder brush (£3.50) concentrating on my forehead, cheekbones and chin. Bye Bye shine & oil! Of course those things wont banish the shine all day, everyday, so for those moments when a little shine creeps up on you I always have an ELF clarifying pressed powder (£1.50! Bargainus!) and a small powder brush (Primark £1.50) to dust the shine away! 
If you have any questions please let me know, I am more than happy to answer them! 

TWO DAYS LEFT ON MY HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY, ENTER HERE! :)
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!