Saturday 10 December 2011

ELF Stippling Brush - Review

I received a request on my ELF Haul to do a little review on the stippling brush that I purchased so I am! I have to start off by saying that any of you die hard ELF fans may need to 'X' out of this post because it's going to be negative! 
This is the picture off the ELF website of what I thought the brush would look like. When I actually received the brush it was less rounded and more wide and flat! (If my camera wasn't dead I would be able to show you this, sorry!) First impressions left me a little disappointed. When I eventually got round to trying the brush out it did not stipple. Simple as that. I tried to stipple it on my face and it acted more like a big foundation brush, It didn't keep its shape it just spread out. Coverage from my sigma brush looks almost flawless, using this brush my skin looked awful to the point that I stopped using it and used my sigma brush instead. I have to say this brush is super soft but I'm afraid that's just not good enough for the function of this brush! This brush costs only £3.50 so I guess you really do get what you pay for in this case. Don't get me wrong, I really do like most ELF brushes, but this one was not a good choice. Sorry ELF, I love you and everything but I am not a fan of this brush.
XX


30 Day Beauty Challenge - Day 6
Favourite Makeup Brand
Rimmel London, by far! It's super affordable and all of their products are such good quality! LOVE!

6 comments:

  1. nice post, love honest reviews! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. Pretty sure i won't be buying this now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing the review! I'm so jealous I have yet to own any Sigma brushes, I hear they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - I do nothing but honest reviews!
    Jess - I wouldn't suggest it haha
    Nadin - I love my sigma brushes, they were a good investment
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to invest in some sigma brushes someday I have heard really positive things :) at the moment I have a mix of Clinique and elf brushes and I have to agree as much as I love elf their brushes are really hit and miss Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely would NOT be a good foundation brush (I use mine for blush)... but I do love their flat top brush for my foundation =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!