Monday 30 January 2012

Maybelline Lipstain Review!

WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY POST!
L-R: Tender Rose, Wink of Pink, Shy Red, Blushing, Plum Flushed.
I was first introduced to lipstains when I picked up a covergirl one when I was in Chicago last year and had really liked using it. I only discovered the Maybelline Colour Sensational lip stains a month or so ago (yes, I've had this post planned for ages) and was happy to see that lipstains had made it over here, because as a lot of you know, here in the UK we get left out of a lot of good make up releases! (boo.) I believe the colour sensational lipstain line is made up of 6 shades, which I own 5 of. They retail at £5.99 each but I bought all of mine when they were part of 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price deals at boots and superdrug. I think they are worth the price tag as they have a shade for all occasions that will suit everyone as the colours are able to be built up to go from a light colour to a darker version of the initial shade. The colour payoff lasts a lot longer than a traditional lipstick as you may have guessed from them being a stain which means there is no real need to be reapplying it all the time, especially if you have built up the colour as by the end of the day it would have faded to a lighter shade instead of disappearing all together. I have tested this by swatching it on my hand and seeing how long it lasts with me washing my hands during the day and I still had a faint line left on my hand by the end of the day. Weirdly I think they smell and taste a little fruity but that may just be me.. I tend to reach for one of these lipstains more often then I would a lipstick as most of the time I forget to reapply during the day, with these I can apply it once and have no need to reach for it again during the day. Right now Maybelline cosmetics are 3 for 2 on the boots website and I think probably in store as well so you are able to get three of the six shades for just under £12!
Here are some awkward lip shots so you can see what the lipstains look like on..
Tender Rose
Wink of Pink
Shy Red
Blushing
Plum Flushed 
I hope you found this little review useful, I am now off to clear out my room, wash my make up brushes and continue working on my best friends birthday present! As always, leave any questions/requests in the comments below and I will get back to you ASAP. 
XO



10 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the plum one. I like lip stuff that are kinda fruity so i'll defs be buying one of these.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lip stains! I wear them under a similar coloured lipstick to make the lipstick last longer!
    Kate xxx
    http://whatkatiedidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really good idea, I might have to try that X

      Delete
  3. I really like the tender rose shade, it's good for everyday and a hint of colour warms up the face. Cheers for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try these :) I love Plum flushed.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the different shades! I definitely love lip stains! They're great for days when I'm on the go and can't keep retouching my lipstick.

    http://samalamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plum flushed is so gorgeous, I have Benetint but im not a big fan of the bright red colour x

    www.taupeandpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great review.

    found a similar lip stain from covergirl here
    http://www.endingoffers.com/CoverGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. they all look the same to me! Though they do seem to have slight differences from each other. Are they all so similar, or is it just that the camera didn't pick up the color too well, because my camera does that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!