Wednesday 18 January 2012

Top 5 Series: Face Products!

Part 2 of my Top 5 Series and this week I am tackling face products. A little side note, this doesn't include blush/bronzer as that will be in a separate post, this one will be my setting spray, foundation, primers and powder picks.
Up first is Urban Decay's 'De Slick' setting spray. I can't even begin to express my love for this product. I have had this bottle for at least 5 months and it is still has a fair amount left in the bottle, I used it twice a day, every day and if that's not value for money I don't know what is. It controls oil perfectly with 3 sprays before make up and 3 sprays after. Since I have started using it there has been no oil or shine on my face throughout the day, used alone or with a shine control powder for those bad skin days. If you had to invest £19 in a setting spray, go to Urban Decay, they are the bomb dot com.
Product number 2 is Rimmel London's Match Perfection powder. This is perfect for setting foundation. The powder is described as creamy but it is so light it never leaves your face looking cakey. The colour range of powders matches those of the foundations so they blend together perfectly. It is a little pricey at £6.99 for a powder but it lasts for a really long time before you hit pan.
recent discovery & investment thanks to Decembers Glossybox. The MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Primer makes my top 5 for so many reasons. The smell, it smells lovely and fruity which really wakes me up in the mornings. It is super moisturising which is great for the likes of me with horribly dry skin in the winter. I was a bit sceptical with it being a moisturising primer that it might not keep the make up on all day but it proved me wrong and keeps my make up looking good until I take it off!
The Rimmel London Match Perfection gel foundation is my all time favourite foundation. The gel consistency is slightly thicker than the liquid version which means less is needed to create a better coverage, it also gives a better coverage than a mousse foundation which can end up looking cakey. This blends in really well with my natural skin colour just as it claims. I am yet to find anything I like more than this, I will be using this for as long as possible!
My final product is benefits High Beam. I'm sure everyone has heard of/ used this product and knows how great it is. I really like using this to highlight my cheek bones which gives them a nice definition and can make it look like they actually exist rather than being barely visible. Using a small amount can add a bit of pearly colour on the cheeks which is really nice. However, I would advise not using a lot of the product due to it potentially making you look overly shiny! 








I hope you all found part 2 interesting. Sorry it is up so late, I've had a busy day today! Blogging at reasonable hours will resume tomorrow..
XO

3 comments:

  1. I neeeeeeeeeeeed the UD spray! My makeup slides off my face by dinner time if I have fake on before it :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urban Decay Spray is amazing! Really is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One item I do not own is a setting spray. I have no idea why I have never invested in one. All I know is I definitely need one, and I hear de slick is great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!