Wednesday 2 January 2013

Goodbye 2012..

Well, 2012 has been one of the weirdest years. 
The beginning of the year kicked off with nothing but bad experiences. I went through one of the worst and most prolonged break ups I've ever been through. Something I thought would happen and pass within a few weeks actually lasted around 3 months with threats of suicide, constant arguments and attempts to make me feel awful for simply falling out of love. After finally plucking up enough courage and making the decision to end the relationship, that I had been unhappy in, was hard enough without a bombardment of serious repercussions for a long time afterwards. Whilst this was all going on my world was completely rocked by the news of my parents splitting up, this is something that no child wants to hear no matter how old they are. Despite them deciding to go separate ways they both stayed unified in supporting me through my tough times. It took a while for me to come to terms with the situation but everything has worked out and things are nice and easy now. 
In April I celebrated my 19th Birthday with my close friends and family and got my first ever tattoo. This was the time when I decided enough was enough, time to be happy again.
In late May early June my life was turned the opposite of upside down, lets say, the right way up by my knight in shining armour. I met Josh at the end of 2011 over the Christmas period at work, he will tell you I was a bitch to him and gave him no indication I liked him but I thought he was hot. Anyway, skip forward to mid- May and we had our first date arranged, we saw each other every day before the actual date but it still happened. On the 3rd of June we made it official and I have been the happiest girl in the world ever since. I call him my knight in shining armour because he came along when me (the princess) was stuck in her super high tower of bad times, he rode up on his noble steed (An astra) whisked me away and completely rescued me from the worst times I've ever had. 
So, here's to saying goodbye to 2012 and leaving the bad experiences in the past. 
Here's to welcoming 2013 with open arms and hoping for the best years to date.
Thank you to all my closest friends, family, boyfriend, his family, and you guys for being here for me when I've needed the support or a shoulder to cry on. I love you all!
See you in 2013!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, this was a really nice post, Char. Hope 2013 is a great year for you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you nothing but the absolute best for 2013 sweetheart xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a horrible year as well. I even spend New Years Eve in the Emergency Room because my brother almost suffered a heart attack. But I am so happy you found your knight in shining armor when you needed him. He rescued you just like a princess. So romantic. Hope for you to have a better 2013.

    http://mayrabarragan90.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope 2013 is a really happy year for you! Going through a nasty break up is the worst thing ever, a few years back when it happened to me it took me a while to learn to stop feeling guilty about things that weren't my fault or that I had no control over. I guess we both can be thankful for knights in shining armor! Can't wait to marry mine this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is what's great about the new years, you have that feeling that you can leave everything behind and start fresh. I hope 2013 will be an amazing year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!